Monday, May 16, 2011

Jihad vs McWorld


I’m not sure what the exact question was but I do it went along the lines of whether or not we think Mc World will really win and how this has affected us. This just made me think whether or not I thought Mc World was already in progress or whether we were in the middle or where in life we are at today. I definitely believe that we are right in between these two; Jihad and Mc World. Maybe leaning more towards Mc World because we are a technology based world. Even though maybe not everybody in the world owns a computer which is 1% of the world, a lot of people still do have access to a computer. Even though this reading was very confusing and hard to grip at and even though it might have seemed like I didn’t enjoy it, I did because it made me look at the world and future in a different way. It made me realize that we do need to question things and have our own opinion about everything, and to not let ourselves be brainwashed. If we did, and because we are aware of this, I feel that it would fall into the area of hegemony. Now that we are aware of everything and realize what is happening to the world, we still want the newest iPhone and the newest iPod. This is a serious matter because it is so easy to fall into letting all of the commercials and consumerism into your life because of course so many people want the newest and most updated technology gadget. We just need to find a happy medium and be aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment